Friday, January 23, 2009

It Is Well With My Soul

I am Yours. My soul but rests in Your sweet escape and with You I am well.
Let the dim demons break my neck and bury me deep in the night for I know that You have taken me into Your love and through that I am given no harm.
Let the praise be heaped upon me so that I may shout that I am only conquered by Your will and all that I am is in tribute to You.
Allow my dreams to fall and my wishes to be left unfulfilled. I am at Your mercy and doubt does not reside to prove that You are not my Power.
Let my faith in You grow and be confirmed through the adversity that You see fit to cast my way. I rest my feeble bones in who You are.
Take it all from me. I have nothing but what You see fit to allow me to obtain. I am certain that my success, my failures, and my being are at Your mercy and I wouldn’t desire for any other way.
Make it so that my worries and fears blast through blue boroughs of the busted black night and crash by Your side where You may dispose of them and make my heart ever steady and strong in what You are.
I am at the whim of Your will and am upright in my desire to be what it is You have planned for my life.
Take me as you wish, my God. Use me and bruise me until I am nothing but weary and worn. Break me down to the soul and bone.
I am Yours. It is well with my soul…

No comments:

Post a Comment